You are hereHome ›
The course will provide delegates with a general overview of working in a composites environment and awareness of composites material types, processes and applications as used by others.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at non-practitioner staff and new starters at all levels of an organisation.
Objectives & Aims
To provide a basic understanding of the principles of composites materials and manufacture.
- Understanding of generic personal Health and Safety precautions when working with and around composites materials.
- Knowledge of sources of damage to composites materials and products and awareness of necessary precautions.
- Knowledge of environmental conditions required for the manufacture of composites materials.
- Strength and stiffness - how composites products usually have both.
- How resin plus reinforcement in a composite material provides better performance than either independently.
- Ways of making composite material products.
- How the manufacturing process creates the material properties which are built into the design.
- How raw materials and finished products can be more expensive in line with their increased performance.
- How to avoid Health and Safety problems and deal with the effects.
Introduction to Composite Materials, Properties and Processes
If you have a minimum of 6 delegates and the current planned schedule does not meet your business needs we may be able to set up another course date for you.
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In