You are hereHome ›
The Website is operated by the National Composites Centre ("NCC/we/our/us"), operated on behalf of the University of Bristol whose administrative offices are at University of Bristol, Senate House, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol BS8 1TH, UK.
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you via our Website. By either registering as a user of any services provided by NCC on this website and/or by using the NCC website generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
The NCC does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the NCC website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
“Hub Partnership” shall be understood to mean the Composites Skills Alliance and Composites UK.
Use of your Personal Information
- When you enter your details and use this site:
- You may be asked to provide certain information such as your name and contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- to sign you up to our mailing list and to manage any account you hold with us
- to fulfil our agreement with you
- to analyse and profile your preferences e.g. (service of interest, market, how you heard about the NCC) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalised experience when using our services and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting services and/or events which we think will interest you from the information we have.
- we may keep you informed of such services and events (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including automated calls)
- Or otherwise
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- If you do not wish to be signed up to our mailing list or receive information of products, services and events which may be of interest to you from us or carefully chosen third parties, please select the opt-out option where appropriate.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
- We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
- We may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
- Calls may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to other companies in the Hub Partnership
- to employees and agents of the Hub Partnership and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Hub Partnership now or in the future.
- to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the services we offer to your specific needs.
- to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
- We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- Shortly after holding and/or attending an event at the NCC, we may send you an email inviting you to complete a survey and comment on your visit. This survey is hosted by Google. Please be aware that:
- your feedback may be shared on our site.
- your feedback can be submitted anonymously.
- it is not possible for you to edit/remove your feedback after submission
If you require any further information on our feedback surveys or if you wish to have your feedback removed from our website, you can contact email@example.com.
- We may in our absolute discretion accept or reject any feedback which may be submitted to us and may edit any such feedback for both length and/or content as we see fit. All feedback is submitted on the basis that NCC may use the feedback in any format and for any purpose as it sees fit and for any marketing or promotional purposes.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee.
- If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the nccuk.com/HUB mailing list?
- If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
Changes to Policy
We may amend and update this policy from time to time. Any changes in the future will be posted on this page.