Tuesday, 09 - Thursday, 11 Mar 2021
** THIS TRAINING IS DELIVERED ONLINE **
This training will take place in three sessions of three hours each. When you have booked your place, you will be sent all the details you need in order to access the online platform to participate.
The timetable is as follows:
- Tuesday 9th March - 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 10th March - 12:00-15:00
- Thursday 11th March - 9:00-12:00
Building on from Composite Design Principles 1, this course enables Design Engineers to start practically applying their knowledge to example case studies.
During this course we'll demonstrate the link between design, manufacturing and materials. You'll begin to consider more complex techniques and issues surrounding composites design.
What we'll cover
- Buckling in composite plates, beans and pressure vessels
- Design guidelines to maximise stability in laminates
- Basic materials models
- Material testing and model calibration
- Composite modelling in commercial FE packages
- Calculating critical buckling loads for composite panels
- Optimal fibre angle for pressure vessels
- Preliminary sizing for pressure vessels
Who should attend
We recommend this course for engineering teams and delegates who want to develop their knowledge in composite design principles.
- 3 days, 3 hours per day (detailed above)
- Individual Price: £800
Get in touch
To find out more about this course or to discuss your training needs with us, please email [email protected].