Tuesday, 02 - Wednesday, 03 Jun 2020
Building on from Composite Design Principles 1, this course enables Design Engineers to start practically applying their knowledge to example case studies.
During this course we'll demonstrate the link between design, manufacturing and materials. You'll begin to consider more complex techniques and issues surrounding composites design.
What we'll cover
- Buckling in composite plates, beans and pressure vessels
- Design guidelines to maximise stability in laminates
- Basic materials models
- Material testing and model calibration
- Composite modelling in commercial FE packages
- Calculating critical buckling loads for composite panels
- Optimal fibre angle for pressure vessels
- Preliminary sizing for pressure vessels
Who should attend
We recommend this course for engineering teams and delegates who want to develop their knowledge in composite design principles.
- 2 days
- Individual Price: £800
- Closed Course (up to 10): £6,400
Get in touch
To find out more about this course or to discuss your training needs with us, please email email@example.com.
National Composites Centre
Bristol and Bath Science Park
Feynman Way Central