If you're entering the world of composites and want to improve your core knowledge, this self-paced, interactive theory course will give you a better understanding of the fundamentals.
Our interactive content will introduce you to the basics of composites, their composition and how they're manufactured, with opportunities throughout for you to check and test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
When you’ve completed the course you’ll be able to download a personalised certificate of completion, and you’ll have access to the course for six months from the date of purchase so you can re-visit the content at any time during that period.
- Defining the term 'composite'
- The properties of fibres and resins
- Different types of resin system and reinforcements
- Room and elevated temperature resin systems
- Identifying and comparing weave styles
- The benefits of composites to build components
- Types of manufacturing processes
- Fibre orientation and core materials
Duration: Two hours
National Composites Centre
Bristol and Bath Science Park
Feynman Way Central