As an engineer who is currently responsible for measuring and inspecting metalics, and are now moving into the world of composites, this course will give you the tools and knowledge you need to ensure that you understand the different challenges composites present and the techniques they require.
You'll already be aware of the difficulties of performing robust measurement and inspection activities, and that it's key to provide the end user with confidence that the product supplied conforms to the design requirements.
Our tutors have a wealth of knowledge and experience of the challenges of undertaking inspection on composite components. They'll share with you the inspection techniques available and show you how to mitigate some of the unique challenges associated with composite materials.
What we’ll cover:
- The theory and rationale behind non-destructive testing (NDT) and Metrology
- Composite component inspection requirements
- An overview of NDT inspection techniques
- An overview of geometric inspection techniques
- An introduction to measurement uncertainty
- The fundamentals of Industry 4.0 and how it relates to inspection techniques
Putting theory into practice:
As part of our in-person course you'll gain experience of using an ultrasound machine to scan a composite panel to look for defects.
We're here to help
If you have any questions about this course or whether it's right for you please contact our training team.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 (0)117 370 7600, 9:00 - 16:00 GMT Monday - Friday
Online self-paced study:
- Immediate access
- Interactive content
- Check & test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons
- Full course access for six months from date of purchase
- Downloadable, personalised course completion certificate
Learning time: 2 hours
In person course:
- Delivered by our expert tutors on site at the National Composites Centre, Bristol
- Maximum 10 students per course
- Refreshments and lunch included
- Hands on workshop session
- Course materials
- Personalised course completion certificate
Cost: £300 per person
Duration: 1 day, 9:00 – 16:30
Course availability 2022:
- 28th June
- 27th September