We find solutions to complex problems through the chemical, functional and practical development of new materials and systems from fundamental through to final application. This can require the development of new processes or the exploration of material behaviour and degradation beyond established operating conditions.
- Development of CMC's, PMC's and MMC's
- Apply innate properties of composites, other than just structural, to maximise the benefits of composites
- Utilise additional functionality into composite parts to open new applications
Process Measurement and Process Development
- Development of state-of-the-art sensing technologies for their integration into manufacturing processes for increased control
- Provide and support the development, manufacture and application of new composite materials systems
- Improve and modify performance for extreme environment and hazardous application or to improve cost, weight or health and safety of new systems