With the market for Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) expected to grow to over $400m by 2024, the NCC continues to invest in the development of CMC capabilities to meet an ever-increasing customer demand associated with light-weighting in high temperature environments.
We have invested in a bespoke CMC development facility which will include material storage and processing equipment specifically for CMC applications, and will enhance the NCC's extensive equipment portfolio for CMCs including material processing, testing and inspection of parts.
- Light weight for fuel burn reduction
- Higher temperature capability to increase the engine efficiency
- Environmental resistance including corrosion and erosion
- Mechanical integrity over a wide temperature range (up to 1300 - 1400℃)
- Non-brittle behaviour in comparison to other material options