01 December 2021
The High Value Manufacturing Catapult has today launched the ‘Bridge of the future' programme to address some of the key challenges in the way that we design, build and maintain UK road bridges in a more sustainable way. The programme will create a hub for stakeholders responsible for the construction and maintenance of UK infrastructure, and the enabling supply chain, to collaborate with technology providers with the aim to decarbonise the bridges of the future.
To achieve our mission, we intend to create a delivery mechanism where technologies can be developed and proven in an iterative manner and deployed continuously in UK bridges for decarbonisation and modernisation.
- To create a consortium focussed on improving UK bridge infrastructure
- To capture requirements and targets with associated timescales
- To develop a scope of demonstrator programme to de-risk new approaches at the correct point in time
- To work closely with the supply chain and research centres to bring in a variety of expertise
- To de-risk and deliver deployable technology solutions aligned with UK bridge construction and maintenance plans
- To enable transfer of best practices to other applications in the Construction & Infrastructure sectors
How to get involved
We want to work with key stakeholders in UK bridge construction and maintenance. If innovation is a key driver for your business and you are interested in collaborating in the 'Bridge of the future' programme, or would like to find out more, please contact us.