The National Composites Centre (NCC) has today opened the call for applications to its Technology Pull-Through (TPT) programme for 2022-23, in collaboration with the EPSRC Future Composite Manufacturing Research Hub (FCMRH).
The call is open to all UK universities and academics who have completed fundamental research into composites, digital or related sustainability technologies, and are now looking to increase technology readiness.
The TPT programme enables the transition of suitably mature technologies from academia to industry, facilitating the industrialisation of proven technologies by transferring them from the lab environment into the NCC’s semi-industrial set-up for further testing.
In addition to sponsoring the projects, the NCC will work collaboratively with those successful throughout, using its project management, research and development expertise to help further the technology.
The Expression of Interest applications will be reviewed by the Knowledge Exchange Committee (formed by the members identified by the FCMRH management) and by the NCC TPT Committee (formed by NCC staff identified by the NCC Technology Board).
- 11th October – Applications open
- 21st November - Application submission deadline
- 3rd December – Stage 1 proposals reviewed by KEC and projects recommended for progression
- 17th December – TPT committee progresses successful applications, assigns NCC project manager
- 28th January – Final project plans due
- 11th February – Final selection process
- 4th April – Selected projects commence