Whether you're moving into prepreg manufacturing or work in an environment where it's already used and want to broaden your skills, this course will give you an essential introduction to materials and processes along with their application.
With the control it allows operators and it's breadth of application, it's no wonder manufacturing with prepreg materials is so popular. However, poor technique can cause potentially serious and expensive errors along with possible health and safety issues related to processing. Therefore, it's key to understand and employ the best possible techniques.
During this course we'll give you the background knowledge you need to optimise your use of prepreg materials in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. We'll also teach you the techniques used by technicians and you'll have the opportunity to practice what you've learnt.
What we'll cover:
- What is prepreg?
- The benefits of using prepreg materials
- Three manufacturing methods
- Three stages of prepreg processing
- Storing and thawing prepreg materials:
- The importance of following the correct procedures
- Important factors that should be kept consistent in a clean room
- The three main stages of a prepreg cure cycle
- Selecting and understanding the purpose of three vacuum bag consumables and creating a suitable vacuum bag for prepreg processing
- The importance of using adhesive film when producing sandwich components
- Understanding "de-bulking" and why this process is used
- Possible faults when producing prepreg components and their likely causes
Putting theory into practice:
In our state of the art workshop facility we'll complete the practical layup of a shaped section and a sandwich flat panel.
You'll gain experience of:
- Laminating a multi-ply component including lap and butt joints
- Vacuum bagging and de-bulking
- Cure cycles
- Fabric draping
- Reading technical data sheets
We're here to help
If you have any questions about this course or whether it's right for you please contact our training team.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 (0)117 370 7600, 9:00 - 16:00 GMT Monday - Friday
In person course:
- Delivered by our expert tutors on site at the National Composites Centre, Bristol
- Maximum eight students per course
- Refreshments and lunch included
- Hands on workshop session
- Course materials
- Personalised course completion certificate
Cost: £600 per person
Duration: 2 days 9:00 – 16:30
NCC, Bristol - Course availability:
- 6th - 7th September 2022
- 6th - 7th December 2022
- 21st - 22nd March 2023
NIACE, Belfast - Course availability:
- 25th & 26th January 2023