If you're a Technician who's new to using resin infusion for composites manufacture, this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to avoid common mistakes and safely produce better parts.
Adoption of resin infusion is popular with those businesses wanting to produce high quality parts whilst reducing costs. The results can be better than those gained from wet lay-up techniques and cheaper than using prepreg materials. However, without the correct training both product quality and your own safety could be at risk.
The knowledge you’ll gain from this course will help you avoid common mistakes and produce better parts, safely. A good understanding of the essentials of resin infusion will improve your results and help you to explore the wide range of material combinations and performance variables that resin infusion can offer.
What we'll cover:
- Review of materials & processes
- Vacuum bagging procedures for resin infusion
- Handling & cutting dry fabrics
- Practical vacuum bagging
- Completing linear resin infusion
- Completing a radial resin infusion
Putting theory into practice:
You’ll reinforce your learning over the two days as you complete your own infused parts.
Under the supervision of our expert trainers, in our state of the art workshop you'll:
- Produce components using both male and female moulds
- Use a range of different reinforcements and infusion strategies to understand how the different strategies work best for different shapes
You'll also complete a group practical assessment.
We're here to help
If you have any questions about this course or whether it's right for you please contact our training team.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 (0)117 370 7600, 9:00 - 16:00 GMT Monday - Friday
In person course:
- Delivered by our expert trainers on site at the National Composites Centre, Bristol
- Maximum eight students per course
- Refreshments and lunch included
- Hands on workshop session
- Course materials
- Personalised course completion certificate
Cost: £600 per person
Duration: 2 days, 9:00 – 16:30
NCC, Bristol - Course availability:
- 18th - 19th January 2023
- 18th - 19th April 2023
NIACE, Belfast - Course availability:
- 22nd & 23rd February 2023