Sustainability is a global priority with a huge drive for change. As a society, our passion for sustainability from a moral perspective has grown rapidly, and there are now strong zero carbon legislation targets mandated across industries in a bid to reduce their impact on the environment.
Today, composites already support the drive to a carbon neutral future, but there is more that we need to do.
This course provides an introduction to how businesses can start thinking differently about their operation, products and production processes in order to meet new legislation and support the drive for change.
What we'll cover:
- Life cycle thinking
-The circular economy
- The meaning of the term “sustainability”
- The three pillars of sustainability
- The three Rs that the circular economy model promotes
- Life Cycle Assessments and what they can be used for
- Three alternative feedstocks for resins and fibres
- The two stages of composites recycling
- The three families of composite reclamation
- Ways to design for sustainability
We're here to help
If you have any questions about this course or whether it's right for you please contact our training team.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 (0)117 370 7600, 9:00 - 16:00 GMT Monday - Friday
In person course:
- Delivered by our expert tutors on site at the National Composites Centre, Bristol
- Maximum 10 students per course
- Refreshments and lunch included
- Course materials
- Personalised course completion certificate
Cost: £300 per person
Duration: 1 day, 9:00 – 16:30
NCC, Bristol - Course availability:
- 21st June 2022
- 2nd August 2022
- 22nd November 2022
- 1st March 2023
- 16th May 2023