Tuesday, 06 Jun 2023
Taking place at the National Composites Centre, 6th June, Composites UK will be holding a Digitalisation Sector Showcase.
There are opportunities for composites manufacturers to embrace ‘Industry 4.0’ – the fourth industrial revolution, in order to optimise processes, reduce waste and increase production quality, speed and more.
This event will run from 9.45am (registration will open at 9am) through to approximately 4pm and include an optional tour of the National Composites Centre.
An Introduction to Digitalisation
- KEYNOTE: The Manufacturing Industry and Deep Tech – What is Hype and What is Reality?
Lorraine During, Lead for Research and Policy Insights, Digital Catapult
Industry 4.0 In Action
- KEYNOTE: Steps in Adopting IoT in Manufacturing
Ian Gardner, Senior Account Technology Leader, IBM
- In-situ Defect Detection and Correction using Real-Time Automated Fibre Placement
Iryna Tretiak, Research Associate in Composites Characterisation, Bristol Composites Institute
- Moving to Industry 4.0 with Upstream Digital Twins
Andy Barnes, Commercial Director NDE, Adaptix Limited
National Composites Centre and Digitalisation
- KEYNOTE: Digital Manufacturing in Composites
Jonathan Butt, Chief Engineer, National Composites Centre
- Agile Composite Research, Design & Manufacturing
Keith Perrin, VP Agile Engineering & Manufacturing, Authentise
- Digitalizing the Monitoring of the Manufacturing Process of Wind Turbine Blade with Simulations and Machine Learning Approaches
Yann Duplessis Kergomard, Senior Product Innovation Manager, ESI Group
Digitalisation – The Key to Productivity?
- KEYNOTE: Industry 4.0 Maturity of the Composites Manufacturing Industry in the UK
Miroslav Stojkovic, General and Engineering Manager, Airborne UK
- Leveraging AI Solutions to Ramp Up Production and Overcome Industry Challenges
Clive Chitiz, Plataine
- Automating the Quoting of Composite Tooling: A Machine Learning Model
Tim Doole, Chief Operating Officer, Plyable
- Could Metrology Software be the Answer to Eliminating Scrapped Parts?
Aidan Wigham, Technical Account Manager, MSP
- Using AI to Save Money when Curing Composites
Tim Swait, Technical Fellow, University of Sheffield AMRC
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities
Sponsorship and table-top exhibitor opportunities are available at this event.
Click here to download more information, and send any questions to [email protected].
Composites UK members: £150 + VAT. Please click here to check your company is a current member of Composites UK before booking.
Non-members: £310 + VAT
Students: £75 + VAT (please book using your university email address to validate this)
Speakers: £50 + VAT
You can book via Eventbrite, here.
Places are non-refundable but can be transferred to a colleague should you no longer be able to attend (but please let us know at [email protected]). Joining information is sent around one week before the event so please reserve the space in your calendar after you book.