Thursday, 11 May 2023
Composites UK is holding a meet-the-buyer event on 11th May with Leonardo Helicopters. Leonardo Helicopters is a global leader in the research, design, development, production and customer support of rotary aircraft for commercial, public service, and security and defence applications. The company recently celebrated 75 years in business.
The event, which takes place at Leonardo’s Yeovil site, in the iAero facility, will run from 10am – 3pm followed by a tour and will give up to 80 attendees the opportunity to potentially become part of the company’s supply chain.
The day will run from 10am – 3pm:
- Opening and introduction by Leonardo and iAero
- A welcome from Composites UK
- Presentations from Leonardo representatives (Simon Stacey – Research & Innovation (UK) | James Tazzyman – Procurement Programme Manager – Future Development Programme)
- A look at their innovation processes on printing, layering, filaments and the challenges Leonardo faces when seeking new suppliers.
- Future developments
- An overview of a project the company is working on with the National Composites Centre (NCC) - Andrew Limmack - Chief Engineer - Aero Propulsion
- Q&A Session
- Exhibitor Pitches
- Delegate networking with Leonardo
- A tour of iAero