Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021
Join Digital Catapult's webinar series on industrial 5G innovation, showcasing real-world examples of 5G applications in the UK, in which the NCC and partners including 5G-Encode will be participating in.
Working closely with the UK’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), Digital Catapult - a 5G technical & innovation Centre of Excellence - is launching a series of industry events to drive Industrial 5G adoption in the UK. Showcasing real life examples of 5G applications, and maximising learnings for the manufacturing and logistics sectors.
This online webinar - the second in a four-part series, will focus on Industry 4.0 use cases and trials across both manufacturing and logistics. Demonstrating how 5G can enable the deployment of industrial digital technologies including artificial intelligence, robotics, virtual/augmented reality, and the internet of things, at scale through private 5G mobile networks. This can help to transform production lines, supply chains and operations across the industrial domain.
Industry experts including the National Composites Centre, Ford UK, BAE Systems, Hutchison Ports and North East Automotive Alliance will share their first-hand learnings, challenges and opportunities that have come from testing and delivering some of the most impactful applications for Industrial 5G.
The event will also introduce some of the most exciting collaborative R&D projects involved in DCMS’ Industrial 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme, as well as other research collaboration projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
This webinar will host a networking session through Remo, a platform sponsored by UK5G to provide a unique opportunity to meet industry experts and innovators from the 5G ecosystem within and beyond the UK.
- Meet early adopters, industry experts and innovators working on real-life 5G applications for industry 4.0
- Discover new use cases from national and international projects
- Find out more how to overcome 5G barriers to adoption and innovation
- Gain new ideas on improving efficiency and productivity from manufacturing and logistics experts in leading the way in 5G adoption
Who should attend
This event is designed for industry sector managers, executives and team members in manufacturing and logistics who want to understand how private 5G networks can help to support industrial enterprise key business drivers including:
- Minimising production downtime
- Improving efficiency and productivity
- Supporting real-time decision to maximise manufacturing output quality
- Enabling manufacturing flexibility
- Enhance safety in the workplace
- Automating last mile logistics
The webinar also invites small and medium size businesses with advanced digital solutions to learn about industrial use cases, funding opportunities and meet with potential new clients looking to progress in their digital transformation journey. Policy makers are also welcome to attend to allow them to best engage with industry to design policy interventions.
About the programme
Digital Catapult is coordinating the Industrial 5G Testbeds and Trials programme on behalf of the UK Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
The programme sets out to demonstrate the value of 5G beyond enhanced mobile broadband by targeting industry focused use cases in manufacturing and logistics to:
- Explore the potential for efficiency and productivity benefits
- Help make the UK a global leader in the adoption and application of 5G technology
- Help the UK lead the development of the implementation and standards around 5G