Monday, 29 Jun - Friday, 03 Jul 2020
How can composite materials help us achieve a net zero carbon world? How can we innovate to ensure valuable composites are recycled and reused? And what are the emerging opportunities to improve the social, environmental and economic sustainability of the industry?
We have partnered with the Cabot Institute and the Bristol Composites Institute to run a virtual conference, which offers an exciting programme of keynotes, seminars and workshops to explore the future of sustainable composite materials.
- Day 1 - Monday 29 June: Introduction to sustainability and composites
- Day 2 - Tuesday 30 June: Sustainable materials and the supply chain in composites
- Day 3 - Wednesday 1 July: Sustainable manufacturing of composites
- Day 4 - Thursday 2 July: Sustainable composite products
- Day 5 - Friday 3 July: Workshop
Nadhim Zahawi, MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy will provide a keynote speech at 14:00 on Friday 3rd July.
- Dr Tim Young, Head of Materials at the NCC, will be speaking on Wednesday 1st July about the High Value Manufacturing Catapult and green economic growth
- Lucy Eggleston, Sustainability Research Engineer, will talk about the new Sustainable Composites partnership and the next steps with ReDisCoveR