Wednesday, 22 Jun 2022
The National Composites Centre is facilitating a series of Technology Days as part of the Composites Technology Forum for UK Defence. Each event will focus on a priority technology theme that has been identified and selected from a consultation with industry and the Ministry of Defence.
Each Technology Day will provide a collaborative discussion space between the Forum Steering Board, the UK industrial supply chain and academic communities that is focused around one of the priority technology themes.
Technology Day 2: Composites for Harsh Environments in Defence
** Registration is now closed **
Date: Wednesday 22nd June 2022
Venue: National Composites Centre, Bristol (and online)
Our second Technology Day will focus on composites for harsh environments in the defence sector. We are inviting interest on the following topics:
- Marine environment (surface and sub), saltwater, sea-ice and UV exposure
- Acoustic fatigue and acoustic-thermal fatigue (jet and rocket propulsion)
- Fire retardancy, resistance and containment, fire smoke and toxicity
- Materials and degradation modelling for composites exposed to ionising and non-ionising radiation
- Durability/exposure testing for composites materials
- Environmental resistance coatings or additives for composites
We are now reviewing submitted abstracts and will be inviting a number of participants to give a short presentation on the day and to engage in the collaborative workshop and discussions. If selected, we will contact you shortly with a link to book your place. Participation is free but spaces are limited and will need to be booked.