Wednesday, 12 Jul 2023
Composites have been traditionally costly and timely to develop which in the past has been a barrier to entry into some major defence programmes. This technology day will present and discuss the latest technology offerings from industry and academia on reducing the time and cost burden for composites adoption in defence.
This technology day will focus on:
* Manufacturing automation and self-adaptive manufacturing for defence composites
* Design for manufacture of defence composite, part-count reduction
* Smart Design, collaborative design processes engaging the knowledge supply chain
* Rapid prototyping technology
* Machine learning for preventative reduction of scrap-rate in defence composites production
* Digital tools for virtual testing, manufacturing process modelling, and digital twinning
* Certification and Qualification by Analysis for composites in defence
We are now accepting abstracts and will be inviting a number of participants to give a short presentation on the day and to engage in the collaborative workshop and discussions. If selected, we will contact you with a link to book your place. Participation is free but spaces are limited and will need to be booked.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 23 June 2023.