This course is highly recommended for individuals and teams who are already producing prepreg parts and want to improve their processes and the quality of their finished products.
Making simple components is straight forward, but if your making more complex parts then you need increased skill levels and advanced techniques. We'll cover many of the advanced techniques used by technicians at the high performance end of prepreg manufacture.
We'll take you through two days of interactive, hands-on learning, where you'll deepen your understanding of how prepreg materials work and how to manipulate them to get the best possible results.
What we'll cover - theory & practice:
- The importance of the correct handling, storage and thawing of prepreg materials and three potential problems if good practice isn’t followed
- Four stages of a cure cycle and state why each stage is important
- Four defects commonly found in prepregs and state the likely cause of each
- Using and following manufacturing documentation when making prepreg
- Components and four possible issues if not followed or completed correctly
- Laminating parts using UD and woven materials over simple and complex geometries
- You’ll learn and practice skills in how to manipulate a woven fabric over a complex shape without cutting the fibres
- You’ll practice the application of an adhesive film when making a sandwich component and learn the likely consequence of failing to use an adhesive film
- Selection and use of appropriate consumables to create a de-bulk bag in accordance with the manufacturing documents and carry out a drop test to ensure vacuum bag is to the required standard
- You’ll complete a cure bag that is suitable for a specific curing process used and carry out a successful drop check to the designated tolerance, identifying faults and their causes
- Selection and use of the appropriate PPE for the three stages of the prepreg manufacturing process
We're here to help
If you have any questions about this course or whether it's right for you please contact our training team.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 (0)117 370 7600, 9:00 - 16:00 GMT Monday - Friday
In person course:
- Delivered by our expert tutors on site
- Maximum eight students per course
- Refreshments and lunch included
- Hands on workshop session
- Course materials
- Personalised course completion certificate
Cost: £800 per person
Duration: 2 days, 9:00 – 16:30
NCC, Bristol - Course availability:
- 6th - 7th June 2023
NIACE, Belfast - Course availability:
- 29th - 30th June 2023